LicenceEasy One-Stop Solution: Your Restaurant Licence in Hong Kong

To set up a restaurant business in Hong Kong, obtaining a food license is a necessary step. It assures that you maintain the highest standards of hygiene and safety, demonstrating your unwavering dedication to excellence. However, the process is far more complex than simply filling out forms and making payments. It entails fulfilling a multitude of licensing requirements, ranging from fire safety documentation and renovation standards to decoration and design guidelines, as well as adhering to specific regulations set by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) for acquiring a food license. 

At LicenceEasy, we bring 15+ years of experience in assisting aspiring restaurateurs like you, successfully obtaining their licenses. With a proven track record of helping 1000+ restaurants navigate the application process and the wealth of knowledge, we’re perfectly positioned to provide you with invaluable tips that you need to know before diving into your own application.

Types of Restaurant Licenses

What kind of food license(s) might I need for my restaurant?

The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) offers a variety of food licenses, and the specific type(s) you’ll need depend on the services and food offerings at your restaurant. Based on our extensive experience, some of the most common licenses include:

– General Restaurant License

– Light Refreshment Restaurant License

– Food Factory License

Beyond these, there are also more specialized licenses for certain food-related businesses, such as:

– Fresh Provision Shop License

– Cold Store License

– Frozen Confection Factory License

– Bakery License

– Factory Canteen License

– Milk Factory License

– Siu Mei and Lo Mei Shop License

– Liquor License

Depending on the full scope of your restaurant’s operations, you may need to obtain multiple licenses. No matter which license(s) you require, the team at LicenseEasy has the expertise to guide you through the entire application process.

Renovations and Licensing: A Streamlined Approach

What do I need to know about renovations when applying for a food license?

When applying for a food license, concurrent restaurant renovations are often necessary. Beyond just submitting qualified renovation floor plans and basic licensing documents, there are additional requirements that must be met, including: Fire safety, Ventilation and exhaust documents, UBW documents. All of these documents need to be endorsed by authorized professionals and submitted to various government departments for approval.

Navigating this complex process is crucial to ensuring a smooth opening for your restaurant within the shortest possible timeframe. This is where the LicenseEasy team can provide invaluable assistance.

With LicenseEasy, we can help you complete this entire process in as little as 30 days. Our in-house professional teams will handle all of your documentation needs and renovations, ensuring full compliance with the relevant guidelines while preserving your desired restaurant design. By partnering with us, you can focus on your core business while we take care of the licensing and renovation requirements.
From Scratch to Restaurant Opening Flowchart

Q: Can I apply for a food license by myself?

A: Yes, you can apply for a food license on your own. However, there are a few important things to consider:

Time-consuming process: Applying yourself can be time-consuming, increasing your overall costs.

Legal documentation and renovations: You’ll need to handle all necessary legal paperwork and renovations details yourself. This will be a complex and challenging task, especially if you’re new to the process.

Dealing with stakeholders: Depending on your business location, you may need to coordinate with the land owner, shopping mall management team, and government authorities. Managing these stakeholder relationships can add an additional layer of complexity to the application process.

Given the complexities involved, many businesses choose to work with professional services, such as consulting companies, to help navigate the process and ensure a successful application.

Q: Why LicenceEasy by Trillion Group?

Licensing Experts: The LicenseEasy team are true licensing experts, with over 15 years of experience and a track record of 1,000+ successful restaurant projects.

Streamlined Experience: Offers a one-stop solution, handling both your license application and any necessary renovations and decoration. This streamlines the process.

English Consultants: Ensuring efficient communication and guidance throughout.

Reasonable Pricing: Provides our services at a reasonable, competitive price point.

By partnering with the LicenseEasy team, you can navigate the complexities of food licensing efficiently and confidently, allowing you to focus on your core business.


Feeling uncertain about the next steps?

Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We offer Free Consultations to help you gain clarity and confidence in pursuing your dream. Take advantage of this opportunity to tap into our expertise and get personalized guidance tailored to your unique circumstances.

Will the consultation fees for a food/beverage license be very expensive?

LicenceEasy offers transparent pricing to help you apply for a food license, starting from only HKD$15,000.

Our team with over 25 years of experience will provide you with one-on-one support to solve your licensing issues, with no additional fees – the prices we quote are the real and exact costs! (The consultation fees do not include the license fees required to be paid to the government.)

Skilled Professionals Resolving Your Problems

Our professional team includes:

Registered Architect (Authorized Person)
Registered Structural Engineer
Registered Minor Works Contractor
Registered Fire Engineering
Registered Ventilation Engineering
Registered Electrical Engineering
Registered Plumbing Engineering
Interior designer
Building material suppliers
Interior decoration works
Kitchen equipment suppliers
Stainless steel works suppliers
Ingredients wholesalers

Apply NOW and SAVE HKD$500!

  • Obtain your Food License in just 30 days
  • 15 Years of Licensing Experience
  • Over 1000+ Restaurants successfully served!
  • In-house team solves licensing issues
  • License fees start at HKD$15,000

Should you have any inquiries, feel free to reach out to us.

Our Clients

Contact Us